PCA is a public education option within the PENNCREST School District (PSD). Highly-qualified, full-time, and adjunct teachers facilitate all courses offered to kindergarten through 12th grade students. Asynchronous learning is the mode that students participate in courses, though synchronous sessions are offered and encouraged. Teachers have regular in-person, virtual, and phone office hours available to assist students in all aspects of their learning.
A full listing of student courses can be found in the PENNCREST Cyber Academy Program of Study.
The vision for PCA is to provide a rigorous education through virtual learning to encourage students to achieve academically and engage in a 21st-century learning environment while developing socially and emotionally to become lifelong learners.
Join our Academy!
Current PSD families should contact the brick and mortar principal to complete a change of status form.
New PSD families to our district should complete the enrollment packet and register in their home school attendance area brick and mortar building.
New ELEM student enrollment form
New HS student enrollment form
- Registration packet filled out in its entirety
- Photo ID
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Guardianship and/or custody agreement (if applicable)
- Proof of Residency (Mortgage, Deed, Taxes, Lease or Rental Agreement)
- Is online education right for my student?
- Why did PSD create PENNCREST Cyber Academy?
- What is the difference between Homeschooling and PCA?
- Is instruction synchronous or asynchronous?
- What is the parent’s role compared to the teacher’s role?
- How is attendance taken?
- Does my student need to log in at a certain time each day?
- How long will my child work each day?
- How are PSSA and Keystone tests administered?
- Can my student participate in extracurricular activities?
- Can my high school student attend Crawford County Career and Technical Center?